1.20.2011

Sea Glass

Sea Glass is just glass that is for one reason or another lost or discarded. It finds its way into the ocean, gets churned up a bit, and is washed back up on the beach. Beaches all over the world have these little treasures. Some get put under immense pressure and over time even warp, without breaking, to make some wonderful shapes. The glass is always foggy due to rolling around in the sand and water. Typically you can spot it right at the high tide line with other debris and shells. It comes in many sizes, shapes and colors. It wakes great jewelry or a decoration. For me it reminds me of treasure from a shipwreck when I see a piece sparkling on the beach.

A jar full of water and sea glass being hit by early morning light. All gathered from Wrightsville Beach.


A sea glass necklace I made from blue sea glass I found in Puerto Rico.

No comments: