5.17.2011

Death of a Camera


So.... They all say you will flood a housing eventually. And I laughed. HAH! ME? never.... right? Nope. It actually has happened to me three times. All human error. Fortunately two of the times it was so little water that there was no damage. The last time though cost me a camera, a lens, and battery. I managed to save the memory card though. The camera took one last image before I hopped in the water. I have since replaced it with a 7d. :)

Just remember, attention to detail, it's a photographer, and well, any other professional's bread and butter.

The last photo of a trusty and reliable canon 50d.

The damage salt water causes is permanent. Lens still has salt and moisture inside, battery is corroded, and the camera body is full of salt deposits and corrosion.

6 comments:

carolyn said...

I never flooded a housing, but I'm sure you remember that unfortunate 300mm f2.8 that took a little dip in the Pamlico Sound in the spring of '04. It still makes me cringe to remember – I feel your pain!

carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julian Kehaya said...

I totally remember that!! I forgot it was a 2.8 That's a nice lens...

carolyn said...

Er... WAS a nice lens.

paul said...

what did cheese say that merited deletal by jmoney?

Julian Kehaya said...

She said your rap is wack