4.24.2009

Music Downtown

So I decided it would be fun to take some pictures of live music downtown, mostly because Michelle thought it would be a good idea. Special thanks goes out to Michelle and Ian for putting in a good word, and Hell's Kitchen and Sixteen Taps for letting me shoot photos in their bars. Also to Gypsy Fire and Will West for letting me take photos of them.

Check out their pages if you get a chance.

The Bands
Gypsy Fire
Will West

The Bars
Hell’s Kitchen
Sixteen Taps


Getting shots was actually really challenging, especially since I hate flashes for the most part. Just got to figure them out is all.


Hells Kitchen


Will West


Good Music, BAD projector screen! Hah, I was so annoyed with having a large white bar in the photos.


Will again.


Across the street at Sixteen Taps


Gypsy Fire


Yeh... err... you see what i was trying to do here.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like what you came up with! I hate using a flash as well, but your camera is superior to mine. You can't even tell how dark it was in those places... I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as you continue to experiment!